.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Transit Strike

I am more than a little bit fascinated by the impending transit strike. Having never before lived in a city where public transportation was a major form of getting from one place to another, I am having a hard time believing the impact this strike can have on a city as big as New York. And yet, my boss just announced that if there is a transit strike, our office will be closed tomorrow as we can't do our job anyway, due to the fact that delivery trucks will no longer be allowed to drive and employees can't even drive to work, due to the restriction that there must be 4 passengers per car in order to drive into the city. I could make it to work, since New Jersey transit isn't affected and I don't use the subway to get to my office. But apparently I am one of the few lucky ones. It's kinda amazing how many people are affected by one common factor. It actually makes this city seem a little smaller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home