.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Something Small, But Big

My boss asked me to hang "inspirational" signs all over our office to help people remember what is important during this busy time of year for us. Between holding the signs and the tape, and trying to post one of the signs above my comfort height (I do recognize that most people's normal eye level is a bit above my own), I was having some trouble, and I kept dropping things along with not getting my sign hung.

There was a delivery guy sitting in the lobby, waiting for someone to come and sign for whatever it was that he was delivering. He saw me struggling with my hands full and so he got up and came over to help me.

It was just something little, but it really meant a lot. He didn't have to help, but he did, and it gave me a good feeling.

2 Comments:

At December 14, 2005 3:56 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Commit random acts of kindness daily..

Although, I cant help thinking how, something is really wrong, when a Goyish delivery guy is just helping. Whereas, in ultra-frum circles, in the exact situation, either they won't even hold the door for you , if you have a dozen packages. And when they do come over to "help", it is usually lust-motivated, to get a peek, lol..

 
At December 14, 2005 8:39 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Semgirl -
I was actually thinking a similar thought today when I was walking behind a frum person and they didn't hold the door open for me. People are people, Jewish or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home