.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Birthdays

I was not particularly looking forward to my birthday this year. I go on and off between whether I like them or not. 25 and 26 were really tough years and I was not into it at all, I just felt like I was getting too old. 27 was good, and I had a nice time with friends. This year, 28, I wasn't worried about being old as much as I just felt a little out of place, not in my element since my move.

But I woke up this morning, and my roommate had decorated our apartment overnight as a surprise. I opened my email inbox and saw three e-cards waiting for me, along with a happy birthday e-mail. I got two calls (my parents) and my boss singing to me when I walked in the door. And then I was presented with a beautiful flower arrangement to put on my desk.

I feel much better now; I feel like people care, and I think that was what was bothering me - that I had moved away from the people who cared the most. So, I am having a happy birthday, thanks to the wonderful people who I am fortunate to have surrounding me.

3 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov Shoshana! Ad mea veĀ“ esrim!

 
At December 08, 2005 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! Happy B-day! (28 ain't so bad) :)

 
At December 08, 2005 1:26 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home