.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's In the Tone

I have a co-worker from Long Island. Complete with a real Long Island accent. Everytime she speaks, it sounds like she is yelling. The accent just makes it harsher. It is so hard to listen to. I know she isn't yelling at me, but just the tone of her voice makes me want to avoid her at all costs. It's all in the tone.

4 Comments:

At December 01, 2005 1:25 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Welcome to New York. ;) (ugh)

 
At December 02, 2005 12:29 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
Thanks! And double that "ugh"!

 
At December 04, 2005 6:46 PM, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

I feel so blessed to have escaped all NY-related accents!

 
At December 05, 2005 8:32 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Mcaryeh-
Are you sure you managed to escape it (those of us from the South can be more sensitive to hearing those NY accents)? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home