.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Insomnia Kickbacks

I am really tired today - my insomnia was kicking in again last night. I just don't understand why it's so hard to fall and stay asleep sometimes. You would think my body would agree with the logic of my brain that sleep is good and I need it in order to function. But some nights, insomnia steps up to the plate and hits a homerun - yay! Shoshana sleeps fewer hours once again! It's amazing what sleep (or lack of it) can do for a person.

6 Comments:

At November 29, 2005 5:48 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

I've suffered from insomnia most of my life.. See a Dr. Ambien works wonders..

 
At November 29, 2005 9:43 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

I'm an insomniac (check the times on my posts!), but I'm pretty good without sleep, thank God. I wonder if Sarno works for insomnia...

 
At November 30, 2005 2:07 AM, Blogger respondingtojblogs said...

Unfortuantely, I can only recommend chemical stimulants. Gets me by.

 
At November 30, 2005 6:35 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Semgirl-
Have tried Ambien and it is great. Unfortunately, I don't have medical insurance at the moment, so I can't go to a doctor. Also, part of my trouble in sleeping is waking up in the middle of the night, at which point I can't take anything to sleep or I will never wake up for work.

Ezzie -
Sarno?

R2JB -
I take advantage of lots of caffeine, believe me.

 
At November 30, 2005 3:06 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Get Medical insurance!!

If your residence is NY, you can get healthy NY which is really cheap. If in NJ... dunno :(

Dr. Sarno... I've never heard anybody critical of his methods or say they don't work. Basically a mind over pain approach, but I wonder if it's applicable to insomnia. He started with back pain, then migraines, and now it's worked for lots of other things as well. I'll try to find it online for you, remind me.

 
At November 30, 2005 3:19 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie-

I will have health insurance in February. Until then, hopefully I will be healthy. Thank G-d, I get sick extremely rarely. And truth be told, I think my official residence is still Maryland, I haven't bothered to change anything over yet, so good luck to me to find insurance!

Never heard of Dr. Sarno, sounds interesting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home