.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Airport Reflections

Some thoughts I had while sitting in the airport (for a LONG time) over the weekend:

- I really like my e-mail, but I can deal without it for a couple hours. Some people can't. The woman I sat next to on one of my flights had her Blackberry out and thumbs were flying through the entire flight. I didn't even know they worked in the air.

- It was amazing the difference in pace and kindness once we crossed the Mason-Dixon line. The sound of those Southern accents wishing me a happy Thanksgivin' and smilin' at me was so nice.

- Flip flops and fur coats just don't really go together. I would wear one, but definitely not the other. (Though I do have furry-looking flip flops, but they are VERY obviously fake, due to the turquoise blue hue of the said fur.)

- Airports are the place for such happiness and such sadness. Happiness at seeing those loved ones and being reunited. Sadness at leaving them. It's amazing to me how two opposites can be so closely related. I find this in many spheres of life. Irony, I guess it is.

1 Comments:

At November 29, 2005 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People on blackberries are a pet peeve of mine. Leave your work alone for a couple of hours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home