.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Being a Tourist

I took a walk during lunch, despite the bitter cold, and let myself be enchanted by New York City during the holidays. I took a stroll through Macy's and ended up in Herald Square. There were actually video cameras filming the scene. There were so many people wandering around, gazing at the sights. The windows of Macy's had animated scenes that crowds hovered around, watching with delight. It was really cute, and it actually gave me good feelings towards New York. It's good to be able to see through the eyes of a tourist once in a while.

4 Comments:

At November 23, 2005 4:22 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Go ice skating by Rockefellar center..

 
At November 24, 2005 1:23 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

And check out the sculptures in the same locale.

 
At November 24, 2005 11:55 AM, Blogger Eli7 said...

It's definitely too cold to do the outside touristy thing, but you can try the museums--MoMA is awesome (though expensive)--or Broadway (also expensive but well worth it) or the Toys R'Us in Times Square...

We should all look through tourists' eyes once in a while. Maybe even buy those dorky "I heart NY" T-shirts. ;)

 
At November 27, 2005 7:32 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Semgirl -
I don't like ice skating, but I forced a friend to take me to Rockefeller Center last year, and it was beautiful. As we walked in, it started snowing, what a sight to behold.

Ezzie -
I don't remember the sculputes, but I might need to make another trip.

eli7 -
I recently went to the Met and loved it. I am looking forward to MOMA one of these days. I think looking through tourist's eyes is kind of like looking through children's eyes - very important.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home