.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, December 05, 2005

Me? Older?

I was at the Shabbos table this past week, and my friend's nephew told me that he thought I was 34 years old. I thought this was weird, because people rarely tell me that they think I am older than I am; they usually say that they think I am younger (my mother likes to say it runs in our family). So, when I expressed my surprise to my friend's nephew, he clarified it for me. He said that he thought I was older because of the way I was talking. He thought what I was saying was intelligent and sounded older than my years. So, what I initially took as a confusing, slightly negative comment, actually took on a whole new color. I guess I shouldn't be too quick to judge remarks.

2 Comments:

At December 06, 2005 12:35 AM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Just from your blog and your very appreciated, wonderful emails, its apparent you are very wise beyond your years.

 
At December 06, 2005 9:14 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

semgirl -
Thanks! As usual, you are too kind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home