.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

My Wonderful Friends

A friend of mine came in from Lakewood for Shabbos so she could spend my birthday weekend with me. We had a cozy Friday night dinner, she brought a bunch of my favorite things to eat, including yummy gummy worms, because she knows I love them. Over Shabbos, one of my friends was at someone's house for Friday night dinner. Their host served Rice Krispie treats, which I love. My friend asked the host if she could take a couple home for me, since I was coming over for shalosh seudah. When I got there, she had put on this outfit for me that I can't even describe, but it always give me a fit of giggles to see her in it. She and her roommate had a little birthday cake for me. My friends then took me out last night to a really nice dairy restaurant (because they know I really like dairy food) for my birthday. We had such yummy food, incredible dessert and a plethora of wonderful laughs. It's so incredible to have people that know you like that. It feels like having a home. I needed that.

3 Comments:

At December 12, 2005 9:08 AM, Blogger SemGirl said...

I am so happy you had a nice time with your friends over Shabbos. Wish I could of sent you something.
Slowly I am learning its very important to do things for things for yourself all the time, and fun with your friends, so aren't always miserable about Shidduchim.

 
At December 12, 2005 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad for you! Sounds like a lot of fun. So you have Pickwick reincarnated? :)

 
At December 12, 2005 9:54 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Semgirl -
You don't have to do things for yourself all the time, but it is very important to be able to enjoy yourself with your friends and not focus on dating constantly. I find it makes me a better date, because I am happier and it definitely comes across.

Sara -
It is almost a mini-Pickwick, which I miss so much. It's great that I have been able to build another such group though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home