.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Dungarees

My co-worker, who is a bit older than I am, just told me that she forgot it was Friday this morning, so she didn't wear her "dungarees" today. I made a little bit of fun of her for this slightly outdated term for "jeans." Then she told me how a friend of hers calls fire hydrants "johnny pumps" - I've never even heard the term! It made me feel young :)

3 Comments:

At January 12, 2007 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that definitely ages someone! Or is it maybe a cultural/regional thing?

I never heard of johnny pumps either!

 
At January 12, 2007 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, someone just mentioned johnny pumps like a few weeks ago at my work and I have NEVER heard the term before.

 
At January 12, 2007 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...I remember when 'heavy' and 'groovy' were the in words.. And Gay really meant happy..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home