.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Info?

This one is from my dad:

Does anyone know of any resources for Orthodox Jews in interfaith relationships? I have been in touch with a Modern Orthodox woman who is in a serious relationship with a practicing Catholic -- and obviously she is having a hard time. I'd like to help her out, and also I am thinking of writing a column on this topic in a few months. Do you know of books, articles, support groups, blogs or anything like that? She is particularly eager to be in touch with others from similar backgrounds who have gone through this. She's hoping actually to remain Orthodox and raise her kids Jewish (partner is supportive of this), but recognizes that she may have to make some compromises -- perhaps affiliating with Conservative, rather than Orthodox institutions.

Also, if you know of people who would be good for me to interview on this topic, please send them my way.

Thanks!

best,
Julie Wiener (author of "In The Mix," a monthly New York Jewish Week column on intermarried life)

If you have any helpful info, you can e-mail Julie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home