.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Popsicles

That's what my toes reminded me of this morning - it's brrrrr out. This morning, the bus I usually get on didn't come. So I waited at the bus stop in the freezing cold for about 15 minutes for a bus to come, which had no more available seats. So I waited a few minutes for the next bus, which had seats, but no heat. Which of course I didn't realize until I had sat down and the bus started moving. So by the time my bus got to Port Authority, my toes were crying (ok, not really, but they wanted to).

As I was walkng in the frigid cold to my office (luckily, it's not too far), I see a man with three small children trailing after him. He was walking across the street while the "do not walk" sign was lit, and as he is almost across the street, a car is coming towards the children who are behind him, who he's not paying a whole lot of attention to. (Note - it is one of my HUGE pet peeves when I see parents teaching their children to walk across the street when they aren't supposed to. I think it's worth the extra few minutes to get wherever you're going to make sure your children don't learn to get hit by cars.) Luckily, they all manage to get safely across the street. When they get across, I see him stop everyone and pull out a hat, which I assume he's going to put on one of the kids who isn't wearing one and must be freezing. But no, he's stopping them so he can put on his hat. Then they all go on their merry way - kids not with hats, still walking against lights. Hope they made it wherever they were goin.

4 Comments:

At January 11, 2007 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know my feelings on the weather. ;-)

 
At January 11, 2007 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I sure do sympathize. Thank goodness my bus came on time this morning and it had heat! I CANNOT believe that father...

 
At January 11, 2007 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two words for you: sensible footwear.

 
At January 11, 2007 9:17 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

LT -
It's all your fault ;)

Sarak-
I know!

Anon-
They were fairly sensible - just NOT warm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home