.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

The NFL

I could write a whole post about how much I like football, but this post totally isn't about that. The NFL is one of our clients, and our contact there is the funniest guy, just cuz he's so cliche, you could guess he works at the NFL just hearing his voice. Last night, he left a message on my voicemail where he had obviously put the phone on hold and it played a minute or two of football highlights. Today, I had to talk to him a couple times, and besides the fact that (of course) he calls me sweetheart (though he knows my name), he's got this big gruff voice, while underneath lies a good ole' boy who lets the punches just roll off him. We can mess up his account and he never yells, just asks us to please do what we can to fix it. It's clients like him that make me enjoy working here.

1 Comments:

At November 30, 2006 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a couple of guys like that, the one who insists on high fiving you and the guy who always, always slaps you on the back, saying' how u doin'.

(sigh) They mean well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home