.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Junk Mail

We get all kinds of catalogs here at work, some of them quite amusing. I think the one I got today is the funniest though. It's from Heifer International. As I flip through the pages, it extolls the virtues of giving the gift of a heifer, goat, pig, sheep, a trio of rabbits, a flock of chicks or a share of any of them. I'm not sure how I would react if someone gave me a heifer for the holidays, though it would certainly be a first.

4 Comments:

At November 27, 2006 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the same catalog - my roommates and I got a chuckle out of it as well. You might want to look a little more closely, though - it isn't about giving gifts of animals to people you know, it's about donating a needed livestock animal to a third world country community. ;)

I've actually been thinking about donating a share of a llama. After all, why not?

((yay for Hebrew-English puns))

 
At November 27, 2006 3:59 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

LT -
I know it is for more than just a mail-order goat, but I still thought it was funny. And pardon my lack of Hebrew, but can ya explain the pun?

 
At November 27, 2006 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Hebrew, Lama = Why

 
At November 27, 2006 9:04 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

LT -
Got it, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home