.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Role Reversal

Sometimes in life, we get a glimpse of the other person's shoes. Here's the scenario - someone had to break the bad news to me at one point. It caused hurt and frustration and a lot of sadness. I didn't understand the decision, but I had no choice but to accept it. Now, roles have been reversed, except the players are not exactly the same. And I have to be the bearer of bad news, which I hate. And I don't know how to do it, but I know I have to. I now understand the strength it must have taken to give me such news back then. It is often harder on the giver than the recipient.

2 Comments:

At November 27, 2006 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was only because you went through the other side once - because you knew how rough it was to be on the receiving end - that it makes it that much harder to be on the other side. Sometimes, it takes so much strength to be the giver that it becomes tempting to put it off or to try and find a way out of it... but that only makes things worst.

Best of luck to you.

 
At November 27, 2006 4:02 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

LT -
Thanks, I think I managed, but it wasn't easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home