.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, November 24, 2006

All's Quiet

The city is so weird today. I've never seen it so quiet, not at any hour of the day or night. Granted, I didn't trek up to Macy's, which I have heard is insanely crazy at the moment. But I decided that if I had to work today, I might as well treat myself to a inordinately expensive cup of Starbucks coffee (it is yummy, by the way). I went into Starbucks...and I was the only person there. It was so weird. I've never been in a Starbucks that wasn't packed to the gills, certainly not in New York City. I had a whole conversation with the manager, who then started calling me sweetie (I think I have it stamped on my forehead), about how unusual it was, since his store is actually one of the busiest in the city. I then walked to my office, and the streets that I usually have to wrestle my way through were almost bare. So weird. Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying their shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home