.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Free?

I think some companies don't really understand the meaning of the word "Free." The sixth definition in my American Heritage Dictionary, which I keep conveniently located on my coffee table (my Webster's is next to my bed), defines "free" as "costing nothing."

So, with this definition in mind, I thought it ironic that on the back of my cereal box, they were offering "free" keychains - at the cost of only two proofs of purchase and a $5 donation. Hmmm - two boxes of cereal cost approximately $5 each, so the total they are asking people to spend is around $15 to get this "free" keychain. Hmmm...maybe I should send them a dictionary.

1 Comments:

At November 20, 2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

it's the word "donation" that does it. they try to make it seem like they are not asking for payment. can't get anything for nothing in this world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home