.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, November 13, 2006

Quirks

I read this article on Aish.com yesterday. Rather than illustrating whatever point the author was trying to make, I just found it irritating. No where in the article does the author give his wife nearly enough credit for everything that she does - from driving him to his meeting that he was irresponsibly late for, to making sure he doesn't have to suffer the horrors of eating on plastic dishes (wonder who is washing those dishes, hmmmm...). All he does is get annoyed by the fact that she sets her clock ahead a few minutes, in HER car. Maybe someone should point out that she needs every additional minute to complete all the chores he seems to feel it necessary that she completes. Can you tell my feminist tendencies were set off, just a little?

1 Comments:

At November 14, 2006 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not 100% sure what the guy's point is, but I'm inclined to agree that setting your clock ahead by 22 is not the way to go. Five minutes makes sense. Ten minutes, okay. But 22? It makes it seem like that person does not really have a handle on her schedule.

Also, this happened to me at the dentist last week. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the time on the bookkeeper's computer -- but it turned out it was quite a bit ahead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home