.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Non-Stop Evening

It's been a non-stop evening. I left my office a few minutes before 5:00 today, so that I could catch the 5:04 bus, go grocery shopping, bake a few things and spend time with a friend, and oh yeah, don't forget about doing some homework. Well, as they say, humans plan, G-d laughs.

The bus never came. There was flooding because of all the rain, so after standing there in line for over half an hour, watching the time go by for three buses, I gave up and ran downstairs to catch the subway to the train station, where my friend was busy buying me a ticket for the train. I got on the train, and managed to get home over an hour late. Another friend picked us up from the train station and drove us to our cars, where Chinese food was mentioned.

I went home, threw some laundry in the washing machine, and made challah dough and set it to rise. Then I made brownies. As I was putting the brownies in the oven, my friends arrived with the Chinese food. Once they left, I went downstairs to put my clothes in the dryer, then I set about making zucchini bread, because the zucchinis that I had bought had to be used NOW.

While I was in the middle of making the zucchini bread, my other friend who I was supposed to hang out with called and said she was on her way over. I managed to get the zucchini bread in the oven before she came over. We shmoozed, made our fingernails sparkly, the zucchini bread finished baking (it was YUM, according to my friend), I braided the challah and put it in the oven. My friend left, I just took the challah out of the oven. And now homework.

One thing I have to say - my apartment smells good :)

4 Comments:

At November 09, 2006 4:04 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

all sounds delicious! and a good effot even though you got home late.

(can i bother you for the zucchini bread recipe?!)

 
At November 09, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Sarah - Done :)

 
At November 09, 2006 4:13 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

Just reading about it, I can almost smell it!

 
At November 10, 2006 1:55 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

thanks again :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home