.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Overcoming Fears

Jack recently posted about the things that scare him. When reading it, I realized that I don't think about that stuff too much, I honestly couldn't come up with a list of things that frighten me. I don't much like snakes and bugs, but I wouldn't say they scare me; I just try to avoid them. I'm just the type of person that doesn't dwell on being afraid of things, or worrying too terribly much. Maybe it's a part of being young; I'm not really sure.

One thing that did really frighten me, however, was driving in Manhattan. For the first year I lived here, I drove through Manhattan exactly once, and made a friend come with me. However, I proved to myself today that I have overcome that fear - I drove straight through Manhattan, and didn't even really think about being scared of it. No problemo. Yay! Fear conquered. I think it's time to go parasailing. Or maybe bungee jumping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home