.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Spam

I don't understand e-mail spam. We get an enormous amount of spam on our work e-mail account (probably due in part to the fact that I have a co-worker who uses our main work account on Craigslist and other such sites). But the spam has gotten literary these days. This morning, two of the spam messages have included nothing other than various lines from Jane Austen books. Weird.

2 Comments:

At October 30, 2006 2:58 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Hey, that's like the stuff I get a lot! I never understood it either.

Heck, I never really understood spam to begin with. Who gets something out of it?

 
At October 30, 2006 3:00 PM, Blogger ~~Silk said...

Spam mail that doesn't try to sell you anything can be even more dangerous. Sometimes it contains "invisible" executable code, especially if your email program says there a picture in the email, but you don't see one. You should run a "spyware" detector and your anti-virus program after opening one of those.

(By the way, the "word verification" letters to post this comment are randomly generated, I'm sure, but (giggle) this time they formed a naughty word.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home