.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ugh!

I just got a speeding ticket. I haven't gotten a ticket in YEARS, like since I lived in Alabama and was still a teenager - a LONG time. Ugh.

What's even more annoying is that, when I asked the cop whether the speed limit (which is ridiculously low) is posted anywhere, he responded and said that since it was a residential area, it didn't have to be. Ummm, does the state of New Jersey really expect me to know, offhand: a) what the speed limit in residential areas is, and b) what areas exactly are zoned as residential? Crazy.

At least the cop did me a "favor" and wrote down a lower speed than he actually got me on radar going. Saved me three whole points (which I've never understood anyway, since they don't have them down South, and I haven't gotten a ticket since I lived there).

Ugh.

5 Comments:

At October 29, 2006 10:57 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Well, you live in NJ, so you can't try to do what I did to not pay my $260 Palisades ticket... :P

(btw, the word verification is goons. How ironic!)

 
At October 30, 2006 8:37 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
What did you do to not pay it?

 
At October 30, 2006 2:24 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

So sorry 'bout that. I hate speeding tickets :(

 
At October 30, 2006 3:00 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Honestly? Nothing. I completely forgot about it, and I never heard another thing about it. It doesn't really make sense; then again, neither did the ticket in the first place.

It was weird that the court date on the ticket was set 5 months in the future; that passed a few months ago (and I tried calling a couple times) and nothing ever happened.

 
At October 30, 2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Oh - technically you can take advantage of the cop's being nice; the number he wrote down is NOT what he recorded. But I don't recommend it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home