.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween

Haloween is a funny thing in New York, and even moreso in a Catholic University. Right now I'm sitting in the library, doing some research (working very hard, can ya tell?). Right across from me is a chick with a red yarn wig, which I'm assuming is her way of dressing up as Raggedly Ann, and not as a frum Jew. And along the halls here, are posters about times the school is having mass for All Saint's Day tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At November 01, 2006 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - great blog! That girl in the library - I promise it wasn't me! As an aside, today is my wedding anniversary. When I got married, I was attending a Catholic university, and since it was All Saints Day, I didn't have to miss classes (although I did have to take off for Yom Kippur, etc.) Since RaggedyDad's family lives in Belgium, which is a Catholic country, Nov 1 is a holiday, and we set the date to accomodate their flying to NY for the wedding.

 
At November 01, 2006 11:36 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

My coworker dressed up as Miss Piggy and the train was full of people in costumes.

 
At November 01, 2006 5:05 PM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

i didn't see anyone in costume here. it's not quite as popular. although they always put on one of the scary episodes of the The Simpsons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home