.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Scheduling Dilemma

I'm having trouble trying to decide what to do about my classes next semester. Others seem to think it's a good idea to open the floor to blog readers, so here I am, once again following suit (which is weird, I can't make this a habit):

I am taking two classes on Tuesdays from 5:00 PM until 9:00 PM. Those are non-negotiable.

I have to make a decision about my other class though. I like taking three classes, because it's a good balance for me. Two classes on only one night a week makes me feel like I'm not a student (and it means it would take me forever to graduate), four is just a bit too much on top of working full-time.

My choices are between:

1) A Research class from 5:00 - 7:00 on Mondays. It's taught by a professor that I currently have - his teaching is a joke and his goal is for us all to make A's. Pros - Great time slot; it will be an easy class. Cons - I feel like I'm wasting my time sitting in the class for 2 hours with this professor, this course will be offered over the summer (most likely).

2) A Multicultural Class on Thursdays from 7:00 - 9:00 PM. It's also taught by a professor I have this semester, but he happens to be an incredible teacher and extremely knowledgable. Pros - excellent professor, class will not be offered in the summer, so I will have to take it in addition to my internship next year (which will be hard). Cons - the time. I will already be in class one night a week until 9:00 and it really wears me out.

Both classes are required for me to graduate. Your suggestions?

4 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 10:36 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

It's always good to hear what everyone has to say... then take what you like. :)

It depends what you like more. I'm the type who would do Monday, then have 5 days off. :) [I kinda like the "not really a student" feeling.] You seem more of the studious type, so you could do Thursday and always have a day off in between so you can get work done, etc.

I hated having Thu night classes, because it meant there were no extended weekends. You work anyway, so this might not make a difference...

 
At November 08, 2006 11:19 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

Tough choice. I would pick the Monday one, only because I personally could not do the late nights on Tuesday AND Thursday. Although, is that harder than having to take the class along with your internship next year? If you think that is going to be too difficult, take the class now.

 
At November 08, 2006 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go with choice A. Last semester I took three classes on three separate nights, each 6-8 PM, and I was totally wiped out from it. School is not worth killing yourself over.

 
At November 09, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Thanks for the input everyone...have yet to make a decision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home