.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What Help

I was having some Internet issues (the horror!) last night. I had tried everything I could think of, and was still unable to pull up any webpages, despite the fact the my Internet reportedly was connected. What I found so annoying was that I picked up the little book that my ISP had given me when they installed my modem and on the page that spoke about calling customer service, they directed me to a website to find the phone number to call. Um...if I'm having Internet issues, how am I going to look up the number on the Internet???

I did manage to get it working, after finally succumbing and purchasing a new wireless router (I've been meaning to do it since I loved in). And, by the way, the manual for the router also directed me to a website for troubleshooting. Ummm, thanks.

3 Comments:

At November 14, 2006 12:18 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Time to switch to Optimum online, Shosh.. They always send someone to the house and give excellent cust support..

 
At November 14, 2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

That's who I currently use.

 
At November 14, 2006 1:06 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

That's one of my pet peeves. Everytime I hear or see "You can get better help on our website at..." I want to smack them over the head with the phone/booklet.

Better - while testing, they'll ask you to go online (before they've done anything). When I explain "I can't, that's why I called..." they respond, "Oh."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home