.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Negotiating with Terrorists

I read this post this morning by Jameel. I'm aboslutely blown away by the attitude of Eliyahu Asheri's mother. The ability to push aside personal suffering to focus on the good of the country shows tremendous character.

I'm so torn on this. Every time I think of Gilad Shalit, it breaks my heart and I can't even fathom what he and his family must be going through. Part of me wishes that the IDF do anything in order to get him back home to his family. On the other hand, part of me also knows that giving in to these terrorists' wishes would be to show weakness and give them the upper hand.

I guess it's a good thing I'm not in charge of military operations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home