.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, July 03, 2006

The Strand

I had a couple hours to kill so I wandered down to the Strand Bookstore, which I had heard tall tales about. They were true (especially the tall part!). The books are on shelves to the ceiling, I missed about half of them just because I'm too short to see them (though they did have ladders scattered around for those who wanted to reach the upper shelves). It was a truly impressive place, I can't imagine how many hours I could spend browsing around in there. Probably days on end. My only gripe is that it was just so crowded, a little bit claustrophobic. Otherwise, I'm in really deep like (my love is reserved for the Book Thing in Baltimore).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home