.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Excitement

I was trying to get myself to sleep extremely early to make up for the last few nights of insomnia I've been having, when I noticed flashing lights outside my apartment window. On being a busy-body, I discovered that two police vehicles, shortly joined by a third, were sitting across the street with their lights flashing. My roommate wasn't as lazy as me - she got dressed so she could go outside and find out what was going on. Apparently, on my quiet little street, there was some kind of domestic violence incident (according to the rumor that's being quickly spread like wildfire down the block). Wow, even with a bar at the end of the block, it hasn't been that exciting around here in the year since I've lived here.

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2006 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now would you get this back in Sweet Home Alabam?

 
At June 30, 2006 8:36 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Socrates (reminds me of Bill & Ted) -
Believe me, domestic violence is not foreign to Alabama. (But I might not get to see it right across the street - the houses in Alabama usually include some land, so you're not living right on top of your neighbors.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home