.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Duane Reade

I have to admit that the profileration of Duane Reade stores in New York first baffled me, but now I am completely enjoying it. From the minute I step into the city in the morning until the time I leave after school late at night, on almost any corner I can find all those little things that I always forget to stock up on - shampoo, make-up, nail polish, shoe laces, candy for when I have a chocolate craving, markers and greeting cards (amongst many others). What I have really become fond of is their "club card" type thing where they give you a $5 off coupon every time you spend $100. Okay, I know they probably make it up in high prices, but it feels good to go in and get a free pair of stockings, or whatever else I decide I need at the moment.

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2006 3:42 PM, Blogger GoodGirlGoneGood said...

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I think Duane Reade sux (and sorry for the horrid abbreviation, but I couldn't resist). Why not try CVS, a beacon of organization and fairer prices in this expensive society?

Gutten Shabbos.

 
At May 19, 2006 4:50 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

jumpinjewess -
I actually am a big fan of CVS, all the way back from my Alabama days. Unfortunately, there isn't one on every corner near my office like Duane Reade. Location, location, location.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home