.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Life or Death

I was talking to my really cool co-worker and he was telling me how when he was in a restaraunt the other day, he asked someone to please keep his cell-phone conversation down. The guy lowered his voice, but when he finished his conversation, he told my co-worker that the phone call was a matter of life and death. When further questioned, it turned out that it was a business call, and really, it was a matter of money. It saddened me to think that someone viewed the loss or gain of a few dollars as life or death. Talk about messed up priorities.

4 Comments:

At April 30, 2006 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depending on the line of work he is in, and how much $$ was involved. It may have been life or death. But I see your point.

 
At May 01, 2006 1:24 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Sick.

 
At May 01, 2006 3:50 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Dovid -
You are right, but extremely rarely does the amount of money involved threaten one's life.

Ezzie -
I agree.

 
At May 01, 2006 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once heard that the reason in the Krias Shema, we say b'chol nafshecha, b'chol meodecha is because some people love their meodecha (~/= money) more than their nafshecha (=life)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home