.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Dreams

I woke up from a dream this morning that wasn't inherently a bad dream. Nothing that happened in it was negative. It was actually a very typical daily-life type of dream. But the person in it was someone I have been trying to forget. Again, not because anything bad happened to me because of this person. But someone who causes me a bit of sorrow, due to the fact that we had to go in our different directions. And there this person was - in my drean, when I thought I had almost gotten to the point of moving on. And today, this person is prominent in my thoughts. I wish I had more control of my dreams.

6 Comments:

At April 24, 2006 3:01 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

either its your subconscious trying to tell you something.

Or, maybe its even possible that min Shomayim they are telling you to reconsider a particular Shidduch.

Could be its just optimistic wishing on my part, because I just want to see you settle down and be happy, but you never know.

 
At April 24, 2006 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had one of those dreams the other night about a particular person. It was really negative towards me and quiet shocking.Took me a while to get over and made me think if that person really thinks that badly about me.I am not an interpretor of dreams and have been told to just ignore it and move on....but I cant help wondering if its messages or just my subconscious and if its necessary to act on a dream in real life....hmmmm

 
At April 24, 2006 9:20 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

semgirl -
If only it were that easy, but life often is not.

Adi -
I'm sorry you had such a disturbing dream as well. I have had teachers who has spoken a lot about working with dream interpretation, but I don't know that much about it. I think dreams often come from those things that we are trying really hard not to think about, and that's the only way for them to come out. I don't know if I would suggest acting upon them though.

 
At April 25, 2006 3:29 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Certain people from the past constantly reappear in thoughts and dreams, usually unbidden. I find that while it's a bit of a struggle, sometimes you just have to ignore it and move on...

 
At April 25, 2006 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pesach and Spring Break coincided for me. It was wonderful to be away from school and work. So why did I have a number of dreams that featured co-workers, classmates, and George Clooney? :)

 
At April 25, 2006 3:36 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
I think I agree with you...

Debbie -
You are so lucky that both breaks came at the same time! And I don't know about you, but I definitely wouldn't complain about a dream with George Clooney involved :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home