.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Learning Programs

I am looking for a Jewish learning program for July and/or August in the NY area. I'd prefer something interactive, rather than sitting in lectures. I'd also like to work on my Hebrew, which is definitely lacking (and which I know will probably keep me from participating in a lot of the kind of learning I would like to do). If anyone has suggestions, let me know.

7 Comments:

At April 25, 2006 7:00 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Jewish Renaissance upper West Side

also speak to the Rabbi of the Young Israel in Pasaic they have good programs

 
At April 26, 2006 4:52 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Does it have to be a frum one?

 
At April 26, 2006 9:46 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

semgirl -
Thanks for the suggestions, I will check it out.

ezzie -
It doesn't have to be a frum organizations, or even necessarily classes on Orthodox Judaism, as I would also like to work on my Hebrew. Any quality educational experience would be great.

 
At April 26, 2006 4:16 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

What kind of learning you looking for?

 
At April 26, 2006 9:36 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
Something non-fluffy, preferably interactive style, like a in-depth chevrusa or very small group doing textual study. Or an ulpan-type class.

 
At April 28, 2006 3:25 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Hmm. Trickier, but I'll let you know if I find anything out.

 
At April 28, 2006 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Drisha's summer program offerings and get in touch with Isralight and see if they have summer offerings. Sam Shore is the Man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home