.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Drawing Attention

I'm having trouble figuring out what draws attention. I was walking down the street the other day and got whistled at. Now, I was dressed completely tznius, and I don't think it was even anything particularly cute, considering I dress in a denim skirt every day and usually sneakers to accompany my outfit (my office is super-casual, I love it). When comparing this to the many women who walk through New York barely clad, in huge heels, stockings and tight clothing, I can't possibly figure out what would cause some guy to randomly whistle at me. It just doesn't make sense. Anyone want to explain?

4 Comments:

At May 05, 2006 12:21 AM, Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Maybe it's a guy on rumspringa :)

Just kidding... Don't try to understand men. It will give you a headache.

 
At May 07, 2006 8:15 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

e-kvetcher -
LOL. I've pretty much given up. I don't think trying to understand is a productive use of my time.

 
At May 07, 2006 9:57 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Shoshana, you got Shidduch proposals in Jerusalem, lots of attention by Israeli busdrivers, and Indian phone-marketers, lol. Its obvious that you have a lot of Souire De Vivre, and charm eminating from you..

Some girls work overtime trying to look exciting, others posess internal passion that draws guys to them, like bees to a flower.

I bet that if you went to a function at Lincoln Square Synagoue, you would have to beat them off with a stick.

 
At May 08, 2006 1:42 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

semgirl -
I think you definitely have a point, I just wish I knew quite how to quantify that Souire De Vire you are talking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home