.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Transit Strike

I am so amazed by the way this strike is affecting people. Because I take New Jersey transit, the only way in which I have been affected is that my commute has actually been shorter than usual, due to the lack of traffic being able to get through the Lincoln Tunnel. However, my co-workers and several of my friends have been having a much harder time.

I was thinking about the estimated 7 million people affected by the strike every day. That's practically more people than the number of people who live in all the cities I have ever lived in combined! (And I have lived in quite a few cities.)

Amazing that so many can be affected by one aspect of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home