.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Beyond BT

I am fascinated by the new group blog, Beyond BT. It's interesting to read other Baalei Teshuvahs' experiences and takes on becoming frum, both from a point of comparing so many famliar feeling to the point of contrasting many things that I can't relate to nor do I agree with. The posts about conformity I find especially interesting, considering my own constant struggle to strike a balance between being my own, individual person and trying to fit into my community at the same time. (More could very possibly be written on the topic at a later date -stay tuned.)

Despite many of the things that I don't agree with there, the contributors are excellent writers and poignantly express their thoughts and struggles well. I need to find more time to read it, and I encourage you to as well.

5 Comments:

At December 19, 2005 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoshana

Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps you would like to participate on Beyond BT.

Send an email to beyondbt@gmail.com

Be Well
Mark

 
At December 19, 2005 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so many wonderful blogs to read so little time..But yours is still at the very top of the list..

 
At December 20, 2005 2:17 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Heh - I was going to tell you they're looking for writers (though they have like 15 already!) - you'd be great there, you should think about it!

And it really is a fascinating blog.

 
At December 20, 2005 8:26 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Mark -
I'll send you an e-mail. Might be interesting.

Tzvi -
Thanks again, am glad you continue to enjoy.

Ezzie -
I will think about it and whatever I decide, will continue to enjoy reading.

 
At December 21, 2005 6:22 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

ym -
I think it is a struggle that many face, especially baalei teshuvah. It's hard to fit into a community that is incredibly different from what you grew up with, while still holding on to your past, which formed who you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home