.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, December 19, 2005

A Blessed Tallis?

My non-Jewish co-worker, who is studying to be a missionary, wants me to bring her a prayer shawl from Israel. I wasn't quite sure what she was talking about. Upon further questioning, I found out that she meant a tallis. She wants a tallis so she can have it blessed by her minister and then she can pray with wrapped around her head. Some of her friends have them, she told me, but she wants a "real" one from Israel, so special. I told her I would see what I can do. I am not sure I can do it for her. I've never heard of anything like that before - has anyone else?

2 Comments:

At December 19, 2005 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never heard of such a thing and I wouldn't go along with it. After all, this woman is going to be trying to convert Jews to Christianity. This is someone that should be blocked at every turn, not helped.

 
At December 20, 2005 8:24 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Debbie -
I told her I would see what I could do, with a lot of hesitation. I can't imagine buying someone a tallis to be used in such a manner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home