.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, December 16, 2005

Old Friends

I had an IM conversation today with one of my oldest friends (not that she is old, but that I have known her for a really long time). We hadn't talked in a while, we are both very busy and it's been a really long time since I have seen her. She got married recently; unfortunately I missed the wedding. While we were chatting, she said some things that made me realize how much we have grown over the years. We met when we were both at very low points in our lives, and we have changed so much since then, but have still managed to maintain our friendship through it all.

Chatting with her made me feel old and young at the same time - old because I could see how mature we have gotten, and how the decisions we are making now are so different from those we made then. Young because it brought back so many memories of those days when I wasn't as bogged down with life decisions and working and hadn't gone through so much.

I wouldn't turn back the clock, because the lessons I have learned have transformed me so much. But it's nice to have someone who has grown with me and remembers those days also. I miss her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home