.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Not Being a Comfort

It's so hard when you don't know what to say. You are trying so hard to comfort the person sitting in front of you, crying, but everything you say falls flat. Because the truth is, you want to cry also. You don't really believe what you are saying. But you want to. And you want the other person to also.

I am used to being able to help people, to say the right thing, to help ease some of the pain. But I am at a loss. I don't have the answers, and I don't even have suggestions, nor comfort. Because I feel the pain also. And you would think that it is comforting, but it just makes things worse sometimes.

And you just want to cry also, but you want to be strong. At a loss. Completely. And totally.

And you want to lean on someone else, but no one is there. Which just completes the circle.

1 Comments:

At October 03, 2005 11:53 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

That's one of those cases where you either just sit there, which helps enough; or say it even though you don't believe it, in the hopes you will end up believing it (and the person you're comforting will as well). It's interesting how it actually seems to work in the long run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home