.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, September 26, 2005

I think my fear of things is strangely structured. The scariest point in my mission to go skydiving was when I was looking up directions on the computer and for a split second, I thought I would have to drive through Manhattan to get there. Lincoln Tunnel - scary. George Washington Bridge - scary. Manhattan - terrifying. Skydiving - no big deal. (Maybe when I actually go skydiving, and am on the edge of plane, about to jump off, I will be scared, but so far, nope.)

Update - I've decided that my strange sense of fear was probably somewhat instilled in me by my parents, neither of whom seemed terribly alarmed at the thought of me skydiving (compared with my friend's parents, who completely freaked out). I decided that my parents have been much more upset about things I did that I deemed as positive moves on my part. You never know what you learn from your parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home