.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, September 23, 2005

I was told last night that due to my personality type (which is a system I have a hard time with anyway, which is the topic for a whole post of its own), I am incredibly difficult to figure out and that people shouldn't even bother trying. I guess I keep a lot under wraps, but I never thought that I sent mixed messages. I hate the thought that I am so frustrating to others, because I do believe in being upfront and honest with others. But I guess it would be hard for others to figure out what I am thinking when I sometimes can't figure it out (hence this blog to begin with). How important is knowing what other people are thinking at all times?

3 Comments:

At September 23, 2005 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just guessing here, but if this person said your personality type was "friendly," then I know what they mean. That when you meet a person who's friendly with everybody you suspect you're not getting the real them because nobody could possibly like everybody. So it must be that you're hiding a lot of your thoughts. And there's a difference between simply not knowing what a person is thinking versus knowing that the person is deliberately hiding something.

However, as I've said before, your friendliness is genuine. I've seen a lot of friendliness based on an extreme averstion to arguments, passiveness, lack of thinking, a desperate need to fit in or please people, etc.

 
At September 23, 2005 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aversion

 
At September 23, 2005 12:26 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Debbie-

The person was basing his comments on the Myers-Briggs personality types (which, like I said, I have some issues with, but can't go into it right here). His comment was not posed towards my friendliness, nor was it suggesting that I am not genuine, but it was more saying that I have a lot more going on behind the scenes than most people would imagine, and am not extremely direct in my speech and therefore, it makes it difficult to know what I am really thinking or intending when I say or do something, which I guess sends mixed messages. I don't think it intended to imply that what I am hiding is in any way nefarious, but more that it just makes it difficult for people to be clear on how I perceive or feel about certain situations.

Thank you, by the way, for your statement that my friendliness is genuine. I like to think it is, and that I do really like people in general.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home