.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Yesterday I was walking down the street and I saw a guy wearing shorts and a T-shirt, with a long, curly, red ponytail of hair. He also had a kippah on his head. We kind of glanced at each other as we passed. After walking past him, I turned around to make sure I had really seen the kippah, because you don't usually see them accompanied by a ponytail. The funny thing was, he had turned around and was looking at me also. I had the impression that he was looking to see if I really was frum also. I have always wondered whether people think I am frum based on the way I dress; I know it isn't completely obvious like it would be if I covered my hair or wore seamed stockings. But I do the covered elbows, knees and collarbone thing, so I do dress somewhat differently than everyone else out there. Do I blend or stick out? Do I wear my frum-keit on my sleeve (literally)?

3 Comments:

At September 22, 2005 3:22 PM, Blogger TRK said...

and you didn't strike up a conversation????

 
At September 22, 2005 4:39 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

TRK -

You are right, I should have taken the opportunity to make a friend. Unfortunately, I was on my mad rush between work and school. I will keep my eye out for him in the future!

 
At September 22, 2005 5:47 PM, Blogger TRK said...

a male friend who sounds cool. One never knows!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home