.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Morning Adventures

It's been an eventful morning and it's not even 8:00 AM yet.

I went to Duane Reade this morning. I realized that although I know the number that corresponds with the color of lipstick I like, I have no idea what the brand name is. I just know that it's blue. I managed to find it, but it's way expensive at Duane Reade, so I decided to pass on purchasing it for now.

While I was leaving the make-up aisle, I found an amazing discovery! The eyeliner that I LOVE because it really does last forever, being almost impossible to take off, was staring me in the face! I didn't know Duane Reade carried it - I had found it in a beauty supply store near my office which has since stopped selling this amazing eyeliner. I picked out several colors that I love.

I extolled the virtues of this eyeliner to the woman who was checking me out. She gave me a few other secrets about eyeliners, I do have to admit that her eyes looked very pretty.

I then went to purchase bus tickets. NJ Transit has replaced their machines with fancy new machines. I found it quite disconcerting, but I did manage to purchase my tickets without too much trouble. I did, however, manage to drop my awesome purple hat in the process and am very grateful to the man who alerted me about my almost loss. I don't know if I could have made it through the winter without a purple hat.

On my walk from Port Authority to my office, I engaged in battle with my slip, which is trying desperately to live up to its name these days. For the past few days, it has been attempting to take off in an opposite direction from whichever one I am traveling. I'm still perplexed as to how anything can manage to slide off my hips, but I'm beginning to think it's time for a new slip, this one is about ten years old anyway.

And finally, I opened my box of cereal this morning and there was a toy inside! I had forgotten about those. It didn't work, of course, but I am still the proud owner of a Bee Movie buzzer.

And to continue my obsession, here is yet another Grey's Anatomy inspired LOTD:


Snow Patrol
Chasing Cars


We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

(Just a quick note before you watch the video - this one is awesome - it includes a bunch of the hot guys that have since been dismissed from the show :)

3 Comments:

At November 08, 2007 5:25 PM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

ooh which brand eyeliner??

 
At November 09, 2007 6:17 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

It's called Styli-Style. Some random brand from Paris. Make sure to get the 24-hour one instead of the 12-hour. It's awesome. (I'll show ya when you're here.)

 
At November 13, 2007 1:07 AM, Blogger Bas~Melech said...

I love finding toys in my cereal! :D We don't buy that kind... but sometimes in camp I used to get them... It's just this fun little smile!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home