.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, November 02, 2007

Random Stuff

Just a few random things that have been happened that I wanted to share but didn't have time to blog about -

- The guy who runs the coffee shop downstairs is my new best friend. When I told him I wanted something creamy and caramelly this morning, not only did he make me a very yummy latte, he also drew a smilie face with the caramel on top of the coffee for me. Love him.

- Last night in class, my professor was wearing a pair of jeans that had, as the logo, the Hebrew letters Pay-Nun. I noticed it and then wrote it off as not seeing it correctly, because why on earth would my Asian professor be wearing jeans with Hebrew on them? But then one of my Jewish classmates asked me about it also and I realized that it wasn't just my eyes that were deceiving me. Anyone have any idea what brand this might be?

- I actually won a game of Scrabulous! Woo hoo!

- I finished writing my paper - Double Woo Hoo!

- I still hate wedding showers. Whoever invented them (and all those dumb games) should be shot. Seriously.

- Anyone know what is up with the cabs in the city being painted with flowers? There seem to be more and more of them every day.

- I think there was more stuff, but I don't remember now. I'll end with the LOTD, courtesy of the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack (but don't tell me about this week's episode, I haven't seen it yet!). Update - Thanks you to my dad who has continued to indulge my Grey's obsession by purchasing the Season 3 DVD for me. Yay :)

Tegan and Sara
Where Does the Good Go

Where do you go with your broken heart in tow
What do you do with the left over you
And how do you know, when to let go
Where does the good go, where does the good go
Look me in the eye and tell me you don't find me attractive
Look me in the heart and tell me you won't go
Look me in the eye and promise no love's like our love
Look me in the heart and unbreak broken, it won't happen
It's love that leaves and breaks the seal of always thinking you would be
Real, happy and healthy, strong and calm, where does the good go
Where does the good go
Where do you go when you're in love and the world knows
How do you live so happily while I am sad and broken down
What do you say it's up for grabs now that you're on your way down
Where does the good go, where does the good go

And for your viewing pleasure, the video featuring our favorite TV show hotties:

6 Comments:

At November 02, 2007 11:42 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

he also drew a smilie face with the caramel on top of the coffee for me.

:)

I still hate wedding showers. Whoever invented them (and all those dumb games) should be shot. Seriously.

Word.

Anyone know what is up with the cabs in the city being painted with flowers? There seem to be more and more of them every day.

I've been wondering the same thing and was going to blog about it. Let me know if you find out.

 
At November 02, 2007 11:47 AM, Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Pay-Nun. Maybe it's because I was at a cemetery recently, but that is a common abbreviation for Po Nikbar (Here lies) on Jewish tombstones...

 
At November 02, 2007 12:19 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Sara -
Here's the answer to one mystery.

E-kvetcher -
Hmmm, not sure about that one.

 
At November 04, 2007 12:25 AM, Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I posted about the cab thing:

It's weird and beautiful that something so nice is connected to cabs. It would be amazing if the drivers seemed to have a modicum of awareness of the project that the body of their car embraces. Nevertheless it's a wonderful thing. I recommend you read about it here http://www.portraitsofhope.org/git/index.php

 
At November 07, 2007 3:25 PM, Blogger Holy Hyrax said...

> Last night in class, my professor was wearing a pair of jeans that had, as the logo, the Hebrew letters Pay-Nun.

Its not a pay nun.

Its the logo for Joes Jeans

 
At November 13, 2007 1:10 AM, Blogger Bas~Melech said...

Thanks -- I'd also been wondering about the cabs, but I haven't been quick enough with the camera to get a picture/post up yet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home