.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Power of Grey's Anatomy

Since I moved into my new apartment, I have been unable to figure out how to get my antenna working so that I can watch television through my VCR, and therefore record shows. It hasn't bothered me too much, but I just had no idea how to fix it.

Then the anti-semitic TV executives (I'm joking of course) decided that Grey's Anatomy should premier during the second night of Sukkot, when I will be unable to watch. (It also appears every week on the same night that I attend school, but that's a whole other gripe about how they should have considered my personal schedule when deciding on a night.) Anyway, point being, I can't watch the premier, so I want to tape it so I can watch it as soon as Shabbos is over. Which was a problem since I couldn't get the VCR working with the TV.

Well, you know me and my Grey's Anatomy. Nothing is going to keep us apart. I fiddled and examined and realized that maybe the antenna to my television should be directly connected to the VCR, rather than the other thing that it was attached to. And voila! I have a working, recording from the TV, VCR! Yay - anyone want to join me for Grey's Anatomy on Saturday night? (Sarah???)

2 Comments:

At September 26, 2007 4:46 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

Never underestimate the power of a TV show :)
A friend frantically e mailed me this week (knowing that I work for TV Guide) to see if I knew whether ABC would have the episode on line. As far as I know it will be on the ABC website on Friday morning.

I have Tivo so I won't miss any Wednesday night or Thursday night shows :)

Chag Sameach!

 
At September 29, 2007 8:33 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home