.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Internship Thoughts

I had my first day of my internship today. It went well, though I can't say that I got a lot of hands-on counseling experience, but mainly because the school is still in the mode of getting everyone's schedules straightened out. The school is a very large urban high school - I did not see a single white student in the student body. It is extremely different from my own high school experience and I am impressed by the breadth of services they have to offer to accommodate the diversity of the student population. My supervisor is great and very happy to have me, so that makes for a good working environment. I think it will be a very interesting year. Now I'm off to write my first paper reflecting on my experiences for class tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2007 11:13 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

My supervisor is great and very happy to have me

That is HUGE! Hope it continues; good luck!

 
At September 20, 2007 11:14 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home