.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, September 17, 2007

20

Conversation over Rosh Hashana:

I'm sitting in the house of a very nice family who I have never met before but who invited the family I was staying with and all their other guests for a meal. We're getting acquainted with the daughter of the host of the meal, who is approximately 20 years old. I'm sitting next to the other guests of the family I was staying with, who are brother and sister, twins.

Host's daughter to twins - "How old are you?"
Twins - "20, we attend Stern and YU."
Host's daughter, to me - "So, are you their younger sister?"
Me - "No."
Host's daughter - "Oh, are you 20 also?"
Me - (Trying to hold back laughter)

This episode is good evidence for the Princess's theory that people think everyone is the same age as they are.

Hope everyone had a sweet new year!

8 Comments:

At September 17, 2007 8:51 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

young at heart :)

 
At September 17, 2007 9:59 AM, Blogger Diana said...

The Princess acquiesces.

 
At September 17, 2007 10:51 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

rotfl!!

 
At September 17, 2007 1:21 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

That's why I hang out at Ezzie's ;)

 
At September 17, 2007 2:30 PM, Blogger Scraps said...

Oysh. That's really, really funny.

 
At September 17, 2007 4:07 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

That's why I hang out at Ezzie's ;)

LOL. Wait, so if we keep having over all the Bawlmoore crowds, will everyone think I'm older? (Hmm, probably not.)

Eh, I think it goes more by how you look. Y'all look like you're 20-25. Otherwise, people would realize Ser is 24 and not 14. Right?

 
At September 18, 2007 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

youre not 20?

 
At September 18, 2007 9:10 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
You just make everyone else seem super young. Because we know you're really 47 in disguise.

Anon -
Not until my birthday ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home