.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Reason I am in NY

There has been much talk lately about the assets of small and out-of-town communitites, which I wholeheartedly agree with. But there are reasons to live here in the NY area, which I realized last night.

Last night seven of my friends and I went out to dinner for my birthday (unfortunately, two people couldn't make it at the last minute). I was graced with the presence of friends from Passaic (of course), Lakewood, Morristown and Queens. We had a blast! We laughed and ate and everyone sang happy birthday to me (and the waiter seems quite taken with our table, claiming that we were his favorite of the night).

And I realized, this is why I'm living here. This is where my friends are now. While my heart still belongs to Baltimore (and most areas South of the Mason-Dixon line), for now, I belong here. I guess there are some good points about NY after all.

6 Comments:

At December 12, 2006 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

doesn't your heart belong to Jerusalem (or at least somewhere in Israel)?

 
At December 12, 2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Rafi -
Yes, part of my heart belongs to Jerusalem as well.

 
At December 12, 2006 11:25 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

Party sounds like so much fun, so sorry I missed it. You hit it exactly on the head. When I was living in Baltimore and spending more time in NY because all my friends are here, that is when I realized I should move.

Libi b’mizrach v’anochi b’sof marav: My heart is in the east, but I am on the very edge of the west.

My heart will always be in Israel, and a part of me will also always be pulled to Baltimore (I did live there for 25 years!) but for now, NY is the best place for me to be.

 
At December 12, 2006 3:13 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Glad you had fun..many more.

 
At December 12, 2006 6:32 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Of course there are, or we wouldn't be here. But if not for those (generally short-term) things, we'd all be out of here pretty quickly, I think...

 
At December 13, 2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Sara -
I think you and I are pretty much in the same boat.

semgirl-
Thanks

EZzie -
I knwo I would be...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home