.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Some Random Thoughts

- Huge sigh of relief. I gave my presentation for class tonight. I think it went pretty well, if it can be at all judged by the feedback of my classmates (who would never say anything negative anyway). Now I just have one big paper left and then winter break! Woo Hoo!

- It is COLD out. I left class tonight and all of a sudden I was freezing. No matter what LT says, I have absolutely no affection for cold weather. Winter could pass right by without me missing it.

- I'm going to write a lot more about my group counseling class once it's completely over next week, but I had a really interesting experience in our session tonight. There is another Orthodox woman in my class, and her presence has unnerved me a bit all semester, mainly because for two Orthodox Jewish people, it would be difficult to be on more opposite sides of the spectrum. We actually discussed it a bit in our session tonight, and I found it fascinating how our perspectives on the whole situation were so incredibly different.

- Tangentially, I also found it interesting that while everyone in the class knew that this other woman was an Orthodox Jew, not everyone realized that I was. That one surprised me.

- Has anyone tried this switchover to the new Blogger? I'm nervous to try it.

- Soon (I hope) I'll go to sleep and wake up a year older, which is weird.

4 Comments:

At December 08, 2006 12:26 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I've heard a lot of complaints about Blogger Beta, especially the comments sections. You might also lose chunks of your template, so back it up if you're going to do it...

 
At December 08, 2006 6:15 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Thanks guys!

Ezzie -
I know, I've heard those complains also. I'm scared.

 
At December 08, 2006 9:31 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

I also hate the cold, even though I'm only from Baltimore. My body thinks I am from FL.

Congrats on the presentation and good luck with the paper!

 
At December 09, 2006 7:47 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

one word about the new blog sware DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home