.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Watch Out Alabama Chicks

I was chatting with the guy who works at the corner grocery near my office. He was asking me about my plans with my family for Christmas, and I didn't want to go to the trouble to tell him that I don't celebrate, so I told him that I wouldn't be with my family since they live in Alabama and are too far away. He got so excited and told me how nice people from Alabama are. He then said that he wanted a girlfriend from Alabama. Trying to get out of there without a date, I wished him good luck, while he started extolling the virtues of Alabama women to the other customers in the store - he said we are nice, and friendly and clean. Before he could go on, I wished him a good day and left. So, if any other Alabama girls are in midtown and looking for a date, check out the Middle Eastern guy near my office - he might make you a nice offer :)

4 Comments:

At December 05, 2006 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean no disrespect to Alabama, but I'll bet this guy does that for all the out-of-town girls. ;-)

 
At December 05, 2006 2:30 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

LT -
Sure, sure, take away the specialness of Alabama. You're just jealous that you can't boast such an exotic locale as a hometown ;)

 
At December 05, 2006 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're just jealous that you can't boast such an exotic locale as a hometown ;)

It's true!

*sob*

 
At December 05, 2006 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol

that's almost as exotic as being an aussie in america. i always have to wonder if the americans i date/d were only interested cos of my accent etc :P i'll see what happens when i'm back there next year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home