.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Female "Rosh Kehillah"

Ironically, after yesterday's article about woman who was fired from teaching Sunday School in a Christian church for being - gasp! - female, we have this article from the NY Times (hat tip to my dad who sends me everything he sees about Orthodox Jews) about an Orthodox Jewish woman who just been appointed as a "Rosh Kehilla" or "Head of Congregation" at an Upper West Side shul. Interesting, not sure how I feel about it.

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2006 1:04 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

In my roundup this morning at the very end I linked to an interesting post about it from a blogger I'd never read before. You might like it (or might not). :)

 
At August 23, 2006 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly sexism is still alive and kicking. Bastards.

 
At August 23, 2006 6:42 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
Thanks for the tip!

Sarah -
I actually think this article shows a big step against sexism, as opposed to the other one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home